I tried the Illy issimo espresso ready to drink coffee for the first time about a year and half ago. I found them at my local Fresh & Easy Store. Of course, just as soon as I fell in love with them, the store seemed to be always out of stock.
We moved across the bay and as luck would have it, there was a really close Fresh & Easy store. Lucky me, they carried the Illy issimo espresso ready to drink coffee! Life is good. Things come full circle.
About 3 to 4 months into our move, we read that our nearby Fresh & Easy store was closing. I cried a little bit … a fake cry, but still.
So here’s what happened next: I get real fast. I must accept the reality. I must adapt to the harsh ways of life. I let them go, forever.
Okay, Okay. So maybe not being able to find these isn’t the harshest thing in life, but it does dock the high life down a little bit. I’m just saying.
None of that matters though when that which goes missing gets found. How dow I know? Because recently, my Honey surprised me with a 4 pack of these after coming home from work!
I love getting flowers but getting the illy espresso coffee, as a surprise and on a random day of the week made me sing!
Needless to say, I drank ’em all up real fast.
Here’s a quick Pro and Con list of the Illy issimo Caffe, Italian Espresso Style, Ready To Drink Coffee
- It’s one of the best tasting ready to drink, to go coffees available.
- Compared to the other ready to drink coffees available, it’s less expensive.
- You can skip the creamer if you want. It’ll still taste good.
- It’s the right portion (6.8 oz)
- It comes in a small aluminum can, which is very easily recyclable
- It’s sweetened with beet sugar
- I think that’s enough. I’ve made up my mind.
- There are 45 calories in each can. If you’re counting calories, you’ll probably want to pass on the illy issimo espresso coffee.
- There are 10 grams of sugar in each. I don’t know if that’s from the beet sugar. You can get fresher iced coffee / espresso with zero grams of sugar.
- If they get habit-forming that could be an extra expense that you might not really need.
- It’s recommended that you DO NOT SHAKE.
Until next time, keep enjoying the little things in life!